The Book That Changed Everything

Ring.  Ring.  Ring.

I saw Ja flash across the screen.  Why is she calling me?  What does she want?  She only calls when she wants something.

“Hello.” I answered.

“Guess what, Je?!?!”

“What?”  I was surprised at her excited tone.  What could it be?

“I finished Twilight already!”

“The book?  Didn’t you just start it the other day?”  That couldn’t be right.  She had barely finished a book in her life, let alone one for fun…and only in a few days!

“Yes. I couldn’t stop reading.  I was picturing Bella and Edward in my head as I was reading-  since I knew what they looked like from the trailers.”

“Wow…Wait, you didn’t usually see pictures in your head?  With other books?”

“No.”

That was the first time I truly realized that the reason I loved reading was the movie that was happening in my mind as I read.  Ja never had that before.  But because of the movie trailers out for Twilight, she saw the “mind movie” and she enjoyed reading.      Because of this realization, visualizing became a much more significant part of my reading instruction.

The book changed everything for Ja as a reader.    The book changed everything for me as a teacher.

Published inSlices of Life by Ms. Bless

7 Comments

1. jack395

W wow 😮 that is so funny 😂

2. unicorncrafts

I love it.❤️💕

3. aachoo

I love this story 💕

4. mythicalforest

What kind of books do you finishg? And ho much? P.s I love it!💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

5. Hello ms. Bless it is me manny and sal and adam I see that you have a 3rd grade class now, we are in our ela right know. This was fun ms. Bless but by. We miss you , see you soon.

• 3B Bloggers

I miss you all, too!

6. Ava

Wow I have never read a book that fast. I have never read Twilight but it sounds like a good book.😀